Attn. Programmers: know some DevOps stuffs. It’s good for you

Somewhat lengthy video, one hour and a half. The original topic was DevOps for programmers; I wanted to make a point why I think DevOps knowledge is important or beneficial to programmers (so yeah, learn container stuffs guys). It's like an expansion or continuation of blogpost about my view on DevOps, posted here: "What should we expect from DevOps."

I used the Twitter crawler I made (Glazplatova) as a vehicle to this video. I also have a blogpost about that crawler, here: Introducing Glazplatova. Why that thing? Because, it's quite a complex system, that is composed some little microservices. Lots of different kind of servers need to be brought up to bring this entire crawler system up. That's where knowledge of docker shines.

Attn. Programmers: know some DevOps stuffs. It's good for you. from Cokorda Raka Angga Jananuraga on Vimeo.

Along the way I also explain a little about the architecture of this crawler system; how I use messaging (rabbitmq) and caching (redis) for that. I also gave a glimpse of reactive programming using RxJs (for processing stream of tweets in memory efficient way, and elegantly..., and still being able to react on external events, like changes in the queries). I also happen to have a blogpost about RxJS, here: Introduction to reactive programming

So yeah, without further ado, here's the video "Attn. Programmers: know some DevOps stuffs. It’s good for you.". I hope you enjoy it and can take some values out of it. Please comment below or inbox.

Oh,... and this little piece that I forgot to include in the above video, about the Neo4J (graph database) I use in the crawler: